Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tea cups

Last night, after a positively lightspeed drive home from western PA, my journal quilt art group met to reveal the "whisper challenges" that we've been working on for about a year and a half. We started with one member taking a photograph and making an 18 x 24" quilt based on something in that photo. It didn't have to be completely representational, just inspired by the photo. Then the second member looked ONLY at the quilt and made her own quilt inspired by the first one; then the third saw only the second quilt, etc. I was third in line for my group. I'm only going to post a photo of the one I made because I didn't ask for permission to put the others online. (They will all be on display at the GHQG quilt show this summer, though.)


I am particularly pleased with the center panel; I used PowerPoint to make a sort of wordle, then hand embroidered the whole thing:

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful work. I can hardly believe that you hand embroidered that center panel... what time and patience that must have taken. What a work of art!

    ReplyDelete