Monday, December 19, 2011

Scrappy Holidays

Since I got back, I have been tackling my scrap collection (which is enormous and embarrassing, but somewhat organized by color). I've been cutting scraps for three different types of scrappy blocks, and three sizes of hexagons.

We've been pretty caught up on Dr. Who these days, so in my mind of think of the scrap hexagon quilt as "Amy Pond's quilt" (watch The Girl Who Waited and look closely at her bed if you're curious). I've been taking the effort to cut all the way down to a 1.5" square to make a "postage stamp" quilt. I'm not sure why this amuses me so...but it's a pretty neat effect.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on tackling your scraps. It is a never ending battle, but one that is fun to fight through. I used up LOTS of my 1.5 inch scraps in a lovely postage stamp quilt last year, though I did it in strips rather than one by one. It is rather magical to sit under and ponder the little bits.

    ReplyDelete