Sunday, May 6, 2012

Starting a project for my mom

My mother asked me to make a circular table topper for a friend of hers; she wanted something that comes across as "Irish" although not necessarily completely shamrocky. I found a terrific fabric with a sort of Celtic knot pattern on clearance:

I decided on a very simple layout using the 9-degree wedge ruler, alternating the print with a fabric that has six gradated shades of green. Cutting complete:



Sewing to follow. I'm thinking of embroidering a nice celtic knot for the center circle. I'll just back it with some flannel so it will be floppy enough to hang nicely over the table edge. I hope it fits what my mom had in mind.


1 comment:

  1. Came over from Judi's blog. Congrats on winning the color challenge! I'm enjoying looking @ your work. Your interretation of the mold is grand & love how you have designed this table topper. The solid gradient greens on the intricate celtic fabric is inspired! Glad you blog @ these!

    ReplyDelete