Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June color challenge

I managed to whip together a little something for this month's Color Palette challenge. The inspiration photo was beautiful, and just this weekend I realized that I have the absolutely perfect fabric to match this palette:

Seriously - could there be any single fabric MORE perfect for this palette??
This delight has been in my stash for years - my husband wears a terrific summer shirt from this fabric, and I have been saving the remaining yardage for a "one-block wonder" kaleidoscoping quilt. Obviously I don't have time to complete that project in the two days remaining in June, but I also found a bag of six inch circles that I cut from this fabric for some mysterious quite-unremembered reason. I used a few of those to make a cute little coin purse.
Coin purse (from "Fabulous Fat Quarter Bags")
I don't think I mentioned the exciting news that my project for last month was drawn (randomly) as the winner, for which I received some beautiful hand-dyed fat quarters from Vicki Welsh. Thank you so much, Judy and Vicki, for organizing this terrific project - it has been a real skill builder for me!

4 comments:

  1. What fabulous fabric! It would be perfect for a one-block wonder too. Love the idea of a little coin purse--I might just make one like this for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a delight? The coin purse took less than an hour, and having used it for a weekend, I can say that it's a very handy pattern - while you're combing through for exact change you can push the coins from one side to the other to keep them sorted.

      Delete
  2. That looks like some cool fabric.

    ReplyDelete