Monday, August 6, 2012

Rapid City miniature

Between storms last night, I put together a miniature Rapid City from Modern Patchwork. I really like how this came out; the taupey grays are very warm and rich, and I think they give this a very elegant flair. It's not quilted yet. I'll probably end up using plain black thread, but if I can some dark variegated thread with a hint of this plummy red, I'll use that instead.

This would be a terrific scrap pattern, either controlled for a specific color way (I'm thinking autumn fabrics, with cream background & brown borders) or just random willy-nilly scraps. I think I'm going to make this my next scrap buster; it uses fabrics a variety of sizes, including some pretty small bits, and she gives very specific directions about how many of each to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment