Saturday, August 4, 2012

Too hot to hoot

Despite this horrific weather, I managed to do a little sewing today, almost finishing the nine blocks for my full-size Metropolis quilt (from -- you guessed it -- Modern Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman). I gave up because I didn't want to plug in the iron to press the progress that I did make.

I haven't decided whether to go with turquoise or royal blue for the final strip. I'll have to look in the full light tomorrow morning to make up my mind. The blocks look good so far though, although I can't get my camera connection to work, so for all you know they could look absolutely terrible. Perhaps I am a compulsive liar. I'll monkey with the camera tomorrow -- the cords are probably melted.

Another iron-free job that I managed today was to measure all of the picture-frame pieces for my in-progress quilt based on Tula Pink's Grand Salon pattern. That one should go together pretty quickly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment