Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Brrrr

Everyone in my family loves winter, so we were happy about how cold it was today. We were hoping for a little more snow, but we rest assured that it will be here soon. I've been having fun with my embroidery machine (I really should make a monthly date to set this thing up!), and I stitched out another lovely little Urban Threads design. I had some lovely coordinating snowman batik and a medium blue with tiny sparkly stars for borders. I used the Waffle Time pattern again to make a sweet little number that I'm going to finish as a pillow for our family room. We have the most awful collection of ratty old pillows; it's time to spruce up our space with some prettier textiles. What I love about this particular design is that it doesn't have to go away after the new year...it remains perfectly relevant until the last March blizzards melt away!


Tomorrow is my last (and favorite) lecture of the semester, so I'm feeling especially happy and hygge-filled on this frosty tonight. Stay warm, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment