Monday, March 4, 2013

Travel bag!

My mom is turning An Important Number soon, and the surprise behind Door #1 was a TRIP TO HAWAII!!! She sent me some fabric leftover from a skirt that she made, with a request for a matching bag. I have made this pattern three times now, and I still like it. The only minor modification to the pattern is that I added a line of stitching across the front where the bottom folds under, because I lose little things (like coins) into the fold space in that front zipper pocket.
I thought the little touch of Laurel Burch butterflies made a nice contrast with the bright tropical stripes.
I did a little free-motion quilting on the back (and the front panel, although it's mostly hidden by the pockets).
Happy (early) birthday, Mom! I'll get this in the mail as soon as I make a shirt for my dad...that fabric is scheduled for pre-washing tomorrow, and I'll probably sew it up by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment