Saturday, July 27, 2013

Frosty fun

One week until the GHQG Quilt Show, and I have blown through my To-Do list with five days to spare...reminder postcards have been mailed, show programs and fall newsletter are both at the printer, all of my quilts (even the hexagons) are finished, labels are printed so I can sew them on tomorrow...I seem to be ready for The Big Event!!

I spent a few hours of my unexpected free time cooling off with some adorable wintry prints. I adore this red-and-grey combination for the holiday season; very festive and contemporary. The goofy raccoon and squirrel sold me on the animals panel, and for once I actually bought coordinates from the same fabric line, although I confess that the slightly darker red borders came from the Strategic Fabric Reserves in my closet. I'm going to do some feather quilting in the red triangle shapes, some basic outlining in the block borders, and something straight-line based in the grey background...but not until after the show. Only 146 days until Winter!
"Grand Opening" pattern by Maple Island Quilts
The panel came with seven more squares, but I have some other table-related plans for those, also in queue for the After-Show epoch.

No comments:

Post a Comment