Sunday, February 23, 2014

T-shirt quilt complete!

I really like the 60-degree shapes in the finished project; I'm planning another t-shirt project for later this year, and I think I'll use the same concept again. Just a few photos before it heads off to its owner this afternoon:
Finished! (This is the requisite "toes at the bottom" quilt photo.)
I marked two-inch lines across all the background triangles so I could quilt the flower-of-life motif on them. I only had brief flashes of regret about that decision, around the time I got to the larger blocks in the center...but one must persevere!
I outlined the continent shapes on this t-shirt section -- I like that you can distinguish the shapes even on the back.
She chose a wonderful backing fabric (Essentials collection by Wilmington Prints), which feels like the softest suede in its finished state. It's very snuggly. The quilting designs are nicely visible in the right light.

No comments:

Post a Comment